Collaborative workspaces reflect a design trend that has been around for quite a while. The goal is to create an environment that encourages team involvement, and for colleagues to share information within a common space. More and more companies are seeing the added benefit of collaboration within the workplace.
Here are some key tips in making your office more collaborative.
- Open Spaces. Keep your floorplan open and clean. Take down the cubicle walls and bring desks closer together. This will encourage interactions between employees which can be great for brainstorming.
- More common areas. Provide multiple break rooms for employees to get away from their desks. Add more huddle rooms and casual meeting spaces for small groups to gather.
- Different work spaces for different work situations. Some spaces may require whiteboards or projectors. Offer a few options where employees can gather with the tools they need to be successful.
- Mobility. Encourage employees to switch desks on a regular basis to help build strong networks between people and projects.
- Communication. Share with employees the benefits of having a collaborative environment. Some may feel it’s a way to monitor them. Make sure employees understand the purpose is to help inspire new ideas and nurture a strong company culture.
Contact our design team at Environments Denver for more information about creating collaborative workplaces.