5 Ergonomic Office Chairs to Support Good Posture
Sitting in your office chair for long periods of time can lead to high levels of discomfort, and even pain in areas like the lower back. For those of us working in an office setting, we may spend 40+ hours in our chair, and good ergonomic posture is critical. If we aren’t sitting correctly in our chairs, it will strain our hands, shoulders, neck, hips, wrists, and even our eyes.
In addition to affecting our health, discomfort in an office chair affects our productivity. If our posture is correct and we feel comfortable, we will work smarter and be more alert and efficient in our jobs. To help you achieve better ergonomics and productivity, we’ve put together a list of 5 ergonomic office chairs that will improve your comfort and posture – just by sitting in them!
Global Aspen ™ 2850LM-3 (Leather)
Extended Back Multi-Tilter with headrest
Aspen’s unique form-fitting back profile is the result of years of extensive design and testing to determine the optimum support for the widest possible range of users and body types.
- The back can also be easily and quickly adjusted in height to provide full contact with the lumbar.
- Aspen is a chair that not only ‘fits’ at the beginning of your work day, but also at the end of the work day when you need it most.
- Shown in Contract Leather (D541) with optional polished Aluminum (ALU) finish.
Dimensions: 25w x 24d x 45h
Global Loover ™ 2660-0
Extended High Back Synchro Tilter – with Back Angle Adjustment
Automatically the right tilt-tension for every user!
- Mesh Back is available in 10 standard mesh colors and 50 specialty colors.
- Loover is also available in fully upholstered fabric, vinyl and leather models.
- A live lumbar support is incorporated into the back design which is height adjustable via a concealed ratchet system.
- Side activated sliding seat depth adjustment is standard on Multi-Tilters and Synchro-Tilters.
- G5 lockable armcaps are height, depth and width adjustable to suit user preference.
- Five legged, injection molded, fiberglass reinforced, Nylon “Governor” base. Available in polished Aluminum Finish
- Loover is equipped with Global’s high quality Soft Descent (TM) pneumatic lift which slowly and gently lowers the seat height of the chair making it easy to obtain the exact seat height desired.
- Shown in Urban, Gravel Road (UR21) and Match, Grey (MT30).
Dimensions: 25.5w x 25d x 45.5h
Global Vion 6331-0
HB Synchro-Tilter w/Upholstered Back
Vion – the creation of world renowned designer Zooey Chu.
- Vion offers a clean transitional design, exceptional comfort adjustments and tremendous value.
- Vion is a comprehensive seating series offering a family of models to address multiple applications: task/management/conference/guest/heavy duty 24-7/drafting stools.
- Series offers Mid and High Back models with mesh or upholstered backs.
- Five different control mechanism options to suit all price points and ergonomic requirements. Synchro – Tilter w/ Back Angle Adjustment, Weight Sensing Synchro – Tilter, Multi-Tiler, Tilter and Task.
- Mesh back models are standard in Black (MS69) mesh.
- Two featured arm options include height and width adjusting arms with sliding arm caps, and a stylish fixed urethane arm (C) for conference/management environments.
- Four legged guest chairs can stack up to 5 high on the floor and 8 high on the dolly. Caster models do not stack.
- Optional adjustable lumbar pad is available (excluding Guest chairs).
- Shown in Allante White (A48E).
Dimensions: 25.5w x 24d x 41.5h
Allseating Inertia 79440-NA-F-OBLK
All Seating Zip Upholstered Task
Breathable, flexible and lightweight, Inertia® Conference Plus+ perfectly adapts to conference environments.
- Features a square, modern shape, and a thin profile.
- The Plus+ chair is perfectly suited for board room applications and is 2″ taller and wider than the Highback model.
- Provides maximum comfort, support and a sleek design.
- Fully upholstered seat and back with nylon base and 65mm casters
Dimensions: 28w x 28d x 20.75h
Allseating Zip 92040-NA-F-OBLK
All Seating Zip Upholstered Task
Typically found chained to its desk, Zip® Task tirelessly provides the support needed to stay productive all day long.
- Available in Black Standard Nylon Base
- The sleek and trendy Zip series suits stylish boardroom and office settings.
- Bright aluminum finish details and a seemingly endless array of comfort and easy adjustability.
- Upholstered seat and back, high profile aluminum base, sturdy construction built to last.
Contact EON today to learn more about ergonomic furniture to support your health and productivity.